- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup wesson oil
- 1/4 cold milk
Mix together flour and salt in a bowl. Add the milk to the oil, then add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. Divide the dough in half. Roll out into 2 pie crusts. Add any filling to the pie crusts. Bake in oven at 425 for 10 minutes, then at 350 until done.
French Silk Pie
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 squares semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, beaten for 5 minutes
- baked pie shells
- whipped cream and shaved chocolate for garnish
Blend sugar and butter with electric mixer. Add chocolate, vanilla, and eggs and beat until firm. Spread into baked pie shell and refrigerate. Top with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.
Frozen Chocolate Mint Pies
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 18 vanilla wafer cookies (use Nilla wafers)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 or 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 18 walnut halves, chopped
- 18 maraschino cherries
- 18 cupcake papers
Combine butter age sugar. Blend in melted chocolate. Add eggs and beat well. Blend in extracts. Place cupcake papers in muffin tin and put one vanilla wafer in the bottom of each. Fill each paper 3/4 of the way with the chocolate mixture.
In a separate bowl ship heavy cream until soft peaks appear. Whip in 1 to 2 tablespoons of confectioners sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Top each cup with a spoonful of whipped cream. Sprinkle nuts over them and top each with a cherry. Place in freezer when fully frozen transfer to zip lock back in freezer until ready to serve.
Red Velvet Fudge
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon table salt
1 pound powdered sugar
1 cup white chocolate morsels
2/3 cup milk chocolate morsels
1 (1-oz.) bottle red liquid food coloring
1 cup toasted chopped walnuts
1. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper, extending over sides; coat with cooking spray.
2. Beat cream cheese and next 3 ingredients with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Beat at high speed 3 minutes.
3. Melt white chocolate according to package directions; beat into cream cheese mixture. Reserve one-third of cream cheese mixture. Melt milk chocolate according to package directions. Stir milk chocolate and food coloring into remaining two-thirds of cream cheese mixture. Fold in walnuts. Pour into prepared pan; tap pan on counter to remove air bubbles. Freeze 10 minutes.
4. Spread reserved cream cheese mixture over fudge; chill 4 to 24 hours. Remove fudge from pan. Cut into rectangles, rinsing and wiping knife clean between each slice. Chill until ready to serve.
Mexican Hot Chocolate Trifle
- 6 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 2 1/4 cups milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Microwave chopped chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute; stir. Microwave 2 to 2 1/2 more minutes or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy; gradually add granulated sugar and brown sugar, beating well. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add melted chocolate and vanilla, beating at low speed just until blended.
2. Sift cake flour with next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Wash and dry beaters.
3. Beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form. Stir about one-third of egg whites into batter; fold in remaining egg whites in 2 batches. Spoon batter into 3 greased (with butter) and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans to parchment paper-lined wire racks, and cool completely (about 1 hour). Cut cake layers into 1-inch cubes.
5. Layer one-third of cake cubes in a 4-qt. bowl. Top with one-third each of Chocolate Ganache and Marshmallow Topping. Repeat layers twice.
- 3 (4-oz.) semisweet chocolate baking bars, chopped
- 2 (4-oz.) bittersweet chocolate baking bars, chopped
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
Microwave first 2 ingredients and 1 1/2 cups cream in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute; stir. Microwave 3 to 3 1/2 more minutes or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in up to 1/4 cup cream, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
Note: Reserve 3/4 cup ganache to serve with trifle. Just before serving, reheat reserved Chocolate Ganache in a microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) for 30 to 60 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds.
- 3 (7 1/2-oz.) jars marshmallow crème
- 3 cups heavy cream