Crock Pot Parsnip Soup from Staphanie Solla
1) dice approximately 1cup each of carrots, celery, parsnips, and onion. Also dice approximately 4 cups of potatoes. Add to pot along with enough stock of your choosing to cover everything, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of pepper and.5-1 tablespoon of dill.
2) bring to boil and simmer about 20 minutes till tender. Remove from heat and purée.
3) return to stove add milk to the count of 5 and return to a simmer for 5 minutes.
4) add cubes of cheddar cheese before serving to taste.
5) leftovers can be frozen.
Crock Pot Sweet Potato and Quinoa Turkey Chili From Linda Solla
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 large shallot or 1 small onion,
- chopped 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth (plus extra for reheating)
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 15oz can baked beans
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1lb,) peeled and chopped small
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- Toppings for after cooking: shredded Monterey Jack cheese, chopped avocado, tortilla chips, green onions
- 1/2 cup (1 stick; 115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar (or dark brown)
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons (53g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Make the chocolate dough: Cream the butter and sugars together with a hand or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides and bottom as needed. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined, scraping down the sides as needed. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly mix it into the wet ingredients. The dough will be very thick. With a spoon or rubber spatula, mix in the milk and then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line cookie sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Measure 2 Tablespoons of cookie dough. Roll into a ball. The chocolate cookie dough will get onto your hands, so wash/wipe them after you roll each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes, not exceeding 13 minutes. The cookies will look very soft, puffy, and almost undone. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet and they will continue to “bake” and set up. Sometimes I press a few more chocolate chips into the top of the cookies when they are still warm, for looks. As the cookies cool, they will firm up.
SLOW COOKER CRACK CHICKEN
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese
- 2 (1 oz) packets dry Ranch seasoning
- 8 oz bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled
- In a slow cooker combine place chicken, cream cheese, and Ranch seasoning.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
- Once chicken shreds stir with a large fork or spoon, so the chicken shreds and all the ingredients combine.
- Add in crumbled bacon and stir to incorporate.
- Serve warm.