As you all may know my friend is getting married in September. I am listing some finger sandwich idea recipes up that I may or may not use for her bridal shower in July. At the bottom are the websites where i got these recipes from.
Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
Variety is key with tea sandwiches, and for a vegetarian option, make the ultimate classic tea sandwich: cucumber. A good cucumber tea sandwich will be light and fresh, but still flavorful – like these from Great Party Recipes which makes about forty sandwiches.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced very thinly
- ¾ cup soft butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 20 pieces thin-sliced bread
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pepper to taste
Directions: Lightly salt the cucumber slices and place them in a colander to drain for 1 to 2 hours. Combine the butter and garlic and apply to one side of each slice of bread. In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice, olive oil, and pepper. Add the cucumber slices, coating them well. Arrange the cucumber on ten of the bread slices, top with the other ten slices, remove the crusts, and quarter. Serve immediately.
Santa Fe Wraps
But maybe you feel like reinventing the tea-sandwich-wheel — and with Paula Deen’s recipe for Santa Fe wraps, that is exactly what you should do. Cut into pinwheels, there are between twelve and fifteen servings in this recipe.
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4½-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (4¼-ounce) can chopped olives
- 1 cup (4-ounce) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons salsa, plus salsa for dipping, optional
- ½ cup green onion tops, sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 packages flour tortillas
Directions: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy. Then add sour cream, green chiles, olives, pepper jack cheese, salsa, and onion tops. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer. Stir in spinach. Spread mixture evenly over the surface of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas tightly and cut each tortilla crosswise into six slices. Skewer each wrap with a wooden toothpick. Serve immediately or chill. Serve with salsa for dipping, if desired.
Strawberry Shortcake Skewers
You’ll need wooden skewers to complete this easy, light dessert idea from Blissful Baking. The measurements below make around twelve to fifteen large skewers, and there are countless variations of this simple skewered dish. One alternative would be to use pound cake instead of angel food cake, cut into cubes as well.
- pre-made angel food cake bundt
- milk, white, or dark chocolate (melting discs, almond bark or chocolate chips, morsels, etc.)
- strawberries (one package)
Directions: Slice angel food cake into cubes and set aside. Hull strawberries and slice in half. Skewer the cake and push it to the bottom of the skewer. Follow with a strawberry half and continue until you fill the skewer. (about three of each per skewer) Place skewers on a sheet of waxed paper.
Melt chocolate, and pour it into a pastry bag, or plastic bag. (If using a plastic bag, cut off one corner once chocolate is inside.) Drizzle chocolate over each skewer. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Smoky “Pimiento” Cheese Sandwiches
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/2 (8.5-oz.) jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 14 bread slices (sourdough and dark wheat)
- Stir together cream cheese and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl until blended. Stir in shredded cheeses and sun-dried tomatoes until combined.
- Spread cheese mixture on half of bread slices (about 1/3 cup on each); top with remaining bread slices.
Goat Cheese-Pecan Finger Sandwiches
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 14 bread slices, divided
- 1/3 cup red pepper jelly
Stir together goat cheese, cream cheese, pecans, and parsley. Spread on 7 bread slices. Spread 7 more bread slices with red pepper jelly; top with cheese-covered bread slices. Remove crusts; cut into desired shapes.